Social Media Case Study: Seneca Foods
Seneca Foods engaged SMS to develop a cost-effective marketing strategy to launch their new product Crisp Onions and drive awareness of Crisp Onions as an all-natural, healthier crispy onion alternative and a quick, tasty addition to everyday meals. Crisp Onions are sold in the produce section of grocery stores and since they provide flavor and crunch while requiring virtually no prep time, they best serve the needs of women and moms between the ages of 25-54, particularly "foodies," creative cooks, mommy bloggers and the vegan and Kosher audiences.
SMS developed an integrated strategy to employ multiple social media tactics as the most cost-effective means to maximize reach and frequency to the target audience.
- Create Seneca Snacks Blog as a centralized social media home base and resource for recipes and news updates.
- Create, design, and manage multiple social media assets (including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and the Seneca Snacks blog) to build communities of relevant users, build one-on-one relationships with consumers, educate consumers about product availability, and drive users in to the stores to purchase product.
- Engage the blogger community through an outreach program that provides samples to relevant, targeted bloggers, allowing them to use and review the product, feature it on their blogs as well as promote the product through contests & sweepstakes
- Increased by 500% the number of unique visitors to Seneca Snacks website compared to the 6-month period prior to campaign. Top two traffic-driving sources were Seneca’s Facebook and Twitter pages.
- Achieved over 15,000+ Facebook Fans based on one SKU
- Generated over 50 premier posts about Crisp Onions on relevant, high-traffic blogs, which provide both product awareness to blog readers, and search engine authority to the Seneca Snacks website through back links.
- Generated over 123 million unique impressions to date through targeted Facebook and YouTube advertising.
- Increased distribution of Crisp Onions in the Mid-West with key Grocery Retailer