Strategy Case Study: Pleasant Holidays
Re-brand and reposition 40-year old Pleasant Hawaiian Holidays from a stodgy travel wholesaler offering low-priced, Hawaii-centric trips, to a fresh, relevant company experienced in all manner of globe-spanning vacations. Introduce new ownership (AAA) while maintaining established brand equity and managing existing customer relationships. Drive direct bookings to online system or offline phone operators.
- Create a significant style update which assimilates established iconography into new, revitalized look and feel.
- Craft new key messaging which incorporates proven “old brand” emotional triggers while introducing “new brand,” benefit-laden touchpoints.
- Develop high-impact, off-size travel catalog to create interest and impact.
- Generate demand and response by front-loading deliverables with proven direct response mechanisms.
- Mine existing customer data to personalize product offerings and vary messages to existing customers vs. new prospects.
- Develop splash redirector pages with unique URLS to track campaign variables.
- Create survey with incentive to gauge customer and prospect opinions.
- Client increased average booking revenue rate by 33%.
- Campaign yielded a return of $8.79 per $1.00 invested.
- Reactivated past customers by generating 4.2 times revenue of their relative mail quantity.